Your adventure to Mustang is riddled with mysterious adventure as the saga of the Second Buddha, Guru Rinpoche, unfolds before you. Journey deep into the Himalayas and discover a remote land draped with faded prayer flags and The Story of a leader who changed the course of history over 1,200 years ago.
Unparalleled immersion into Nepalese culture.
Exploration of numerous UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Carefully selected restaurants with multi-course meals and chefs at camp sites.
- Visit Yangleshö Cave in the sacred village of Pharping where Rinpoche is said to have attained enlightenment, and relax in traditional Nepalese gardens during your stay at Kathmandu’s exquisite Shangri-La hotel.
- Take in a birds-eye view of Kali Gandaki gorge and the towering summits of Annapurna (26,502’) and Dhaulagiri (26,811’) on a flight to Jomsom and descend beneath a palette of blue sky and red fluted pinnacles to Dhakmar where story has it the cliffs, etched in crimson, were stained by the blood of a demon slain by Rinpoche.
- Trek to the village of Ghami to observe locals spinning ancient prayer wheels and to marvel at the six-syllable mantras carved into the stones of the longest Mani (prayer) wall in Nepal, built upon the remains of the same slain demon.
- In Kathmandu, visit the ancient palaces, temples and exquisite wood-carved shrines in Patan Durbar Square, and walk in Rinpoche’s footsteps at Boudinath, a massive Buddhist stupa – one of the largest and holiest in the world.
- Host City: Kathmandu, Nepal (KTM)
- Duration: 10 Days / 9 Nights (4 Days Trekking)
- Accommodations: 5 Nights Hotel / 4 Nights Tented Camps
- Guest-to-Guide Support Ratio: 3:1
- Group Size Maximum: 14 people
- Trip Activity Level: Moderate*
*Please refer to our Trip Activity Level Guide or speak to one of our Adventure Consultants at 855-208-6800 to determine if this is the right trip for you.
Daily Itinerary Overview (Days 1 – 6)
Enjoy a warm welcome and bit of exploration in Kathmandu, Nepal’s vibrant and historic capital city, before our kick-off dinner with a special guest who introduces the legend of Guru Rinpoche.
Today, pay homage to the holy ground of Guru Rinpoche’s spiritual development in Pharping at the Yanglesho and Asura Caves. More grandiose sacred sites offer contrast upon return to Kathmandu before a free evening to explore the colorful tastes and scenes of this lively capital.
Hop between the verdant village perched on the banks of the Trishuli and Marshyangdi rivers as you make your way to the resort town of Pokhara. This afternoon, spend some time wandering the lakeside shops and island-temple before we meet to discuss our departure for Mustang tomorrow.
Our journey to Mustang continues on a stunning 20-minute flight that takes us over the deepest gorge on the planet and two of the world s highest peaks. The Annapurna massif fills the horizon line as we drive along the Kali Gandaki River to the beginning of our trek up to the village of Chele and our campsite for the evening.
Today’s trek takes us over three mountain passes where we experience the effort it takes to cross this challenging terrain and are rewarded with the breathtaking scenery of the Himalayas. Shrines and prayer flags remind us all the while of the resolve pilgrims have to uphold spiritual discipline even in these isolated realms.
Juniper trees, lilting streams and cool caverns keep us refreshed today as we make our way through pasturelands and medieval villages to the Rangjong Cave. Back in Chele this evening, your guides regale you with stories of the Upper Mustang, while you dine on spinach momo and hot apple pie.
Please CONTACT US for a complete detailed itinerary.
2018 Start Dates
May 26, 2018 – Sold Out
- November 12, 2018
2019 Start Dates
- May 18, 2019
- November 25, 2019
To inquire on a custom date, please CONTACT US!
- Prices are based on per person, double occupancy
- $475 | Internal Airfare (Required)
- $550 | Mustang Restricted Area Permit (Required)
- $350 | Everest Mountain Flight (Optional)
Single Supplement: $500
Forced Single Supplement: $250
*Click HERE for More Information on Pricing
Hotel Shambala | Kathmandu, Nepal
Hotel Shambala is a Tibetan themed boutique hotel in Kathmandu offering the best in modern amenities with traditional Nepalese hospitality. The hotel’s decor features items that have been sourced locally to support and highlight the craftsmanship of local artisans including hand-knotted Tibetan rugs, hand-embroidered furnishings, thanka paintings and custom hand-made furniture. The hotel also has a roof-top infinity swimming pool with some of the best views of the city and a world class spa. Hotel Shambala, hands down one of the best hotels the city has to offer. VIEW HOTEL WEBSITE
Atithi Resort & Spa| Pokhara, Nepal
Nestled amidst the lush forests, snowcapped mountains, and pristine lakes of Pokhara, the Atithi Resort & Spa offers a luxurious combination of local culture, modern architecture, and high-end amenities. Relax in a private Jacuzzi, take a dip in a waterfall-laden pool, or indulge in a hot-stone massage at the Arogya Spa before walking to an array of nearby shops and restaurants. Atithi, Nepalese for “guest,” takes service seriously; rest assured, you will be exceptionally cared for throughout your stay. VIEW HOTEL WEBSITE